Mites (ages 6-8)
- We plan to have over 90 mites playing on 9 teams, including multiple all-girls teams next season.
- There will be more than 25 coaches, including professional coaches and many ex-college/pro players. Our goal is to have a 6 to 1 player to coach ratio.
- All teams will compete in the Chelsea Piers CT half-ice or cross-ice mite league on Saturday or Sunday mornings.
- Practices will follow the USA ADM model and are designed to provide more personal teaching.
- We will have special guests including professional hockey players each month to teach power skating.
- Our goal is to also have a 2 to 1 practice to game ratio also recommended by USA hockey over several years of youth development study.
GSC mite tryouts are complete for the 2023-24 season!