GSC CLUB RULES
It is extremely important that everyone observe the Club Rules to ensure the enjoyment and safety of all of our members.
Enforcement of Club Rules is the responsibility of members of the Board of Governors and Club staff. Authorized persons may at any time, with cause, temporarily suspend any person from the privileges of the Club for one or two days, for violating the Club's rules. In extreme cases, Club privileges may be suspended indefinitely pending review by the Executive Committee of the Board.
We strongly urge every parent to read these rules to the entire family:
1. General Skate - Fast skating, tag, sliding on the ice, sitting on the rail, and other things that could be dangerous are not permitted at any time. No hockey sticks are allowed on the ice during general and figure skating sessions.
2. Guests – Club members are welcome to bring guests to General Skate sessions. Guests must be reported to the snack bar and members account will be charged $10.00. Guests are welcome for some Club social events. Details for guests will be provided for each social event at the time of the event.
3. Head Protection - Hockey players must wear helmets and face protection for all hockey programs and sessions. Children ages 10 and under are strongly encouraged to wear helmets during General Skating Sessions. We strongly recommend some form of head protection for skaters of all ages to reduce the possibility of serious head injury.
4. Club House - Skates must be removed before going to the second floor. Hockey sticks must be placed in stick holders at locker rooms. No roughhousing, manhunt or tag is allowed in the clubhouse. Playing hockey in the building is NOT allowed.
5. Children - Children ages 12 and under must not be left unattended when not participating in a Club program. Children left unattended will be asked to contact their parents for pickup.
6. Pets – Pets are welcome outside at the club. All pets must be on a leash. Pets are not permitted in the building. Service animals are welcome throughout the building.
7. Figure Skating Professionals - The Club has hired figure skating -professionals for the skating season. Therefore, members may not bring any outside professionals to teach at the Club. Any exception must be approved by the Figure Skating Committee.
8. Ice Hockey Professionals - The Club has hired ice hockey professionals for the hockey season. Therefore, members may not bring any outside professionals to teach at the Club.
9. Keep Our Club Clean - Members are expected to clean up after themselves. Trash and recycling containers have been provided, PLEASE RECYCLE. Spills should be cleaned up or reported to a staff member. No food or drink is allowed on the ice at any time.
10. Respect Fellow Club Members – All members, both adult and children should be respectful of other members and staff. No foul language or bullying will be accepted. Taking or “borrowing” of equipment that does not belong to you, without permission of the equipment’s owner, is not allowed.